Saturday 25 July 2015

Blog #38 - Sampler Gathering : Taupo


Saturday  - 13 June 2015

In this blog I was going to continue with news of the ‘Favoured Shades’
Sampler Exhibition, but I will write about that in my next blog
as I now have details of the NZ Sampler Gathering weekend
that is to be held over the weekend of the last day of July
and the first few days of August.















These are the details -














































and below are photos of the class projects -














































The contact person for registration or for clarification of details is -
Judy Clearwater
2 Ravenwood Drive
Forrest Hill
Auckland    0620

Email:  f.jclearwater@xtra.co.nz
Phone:  +64  9  410  9403
 
 I haven’t added any more stitches to my “Of Female Arts” sampler
over this past month but have stitched a small sampler inspired design by Judy of JBW Designs. 

As per usual, this design is available for purchase from Heirlooms -








Design Title:  Monogrammed Tulips

Code:  JBW 307

Design:  $18.50
















Threads & fabric used (different to those as pictured in the original model) -

Fabric:  Permin Linen  (32 count)  -  Waterlily
Thread:  Sampler Thread  -  Sea Spray




I am more than a little disappointed
 with my choice of thread colour
as it does not show
the delicate pattern
that Judy has designed. 


The thread colour is too close
to the fabric colour.


My sincere apologies, Judy, 
for not doing justice
to your lovely design.





I am in the process of finishing the piece as a little pillow.








When completed
I will have
a photo of it
in another blog.
















I sincerely hope you had an enjoyable long weekend off - 
and that you were able to spend some time with a needle in your hand.





















 P.S.  Don’t forget to consider attending the Sampler Gathering weekend.
A GREAT weekend.  A few places are still available in all classes. 
I do hope you can join us!


And  here is a pic to tempt you  ….