Monday 9 December 2019


Thank You


Wednesday,  27 November 2019



Dear Friend,
Many of you have heard via the grapevine that I was not able to fully participate in my long awaited and anticipated fulfilment of my dream of touring parts of my beautiful ancestral country of England and visiting many of the majestic stately homes and appreciating all their magnificent treasures, especially their needlework worked by so many needlewomen and embroiderers centuries ago.

The tour was wonderful!  Highly recommended.
So professionally organised and conducted by Phillipa Turnbull of crewelwork.com, 
her daughter, Laura and husband, Richard. 




Accommodations fabulous (even if quite quirky at times due to their age), meals excellent, places visited awesome, class projects beautiful and tutors knowledgeable.  And all ladies on the tour very friendly.  Throughout the tour there was a constant warmth and friendliness amongst everyone. 

This I can certainly attest to, especially after my unfortunate experience.
Everyone gave me a hug or a kiss or asked how I was, and some - all three.

For those of you who have not heard, partway through the tour I experienced another TIA whilst taking part in a class which was noticed by one of the other class participants (lovely Fiona from Palmerston North) and she in turn advised the tutor, Alison Cole from Australia, who insisted on helping me to my room.  Not long after she returned with Phillipa and another tour participant (Dorothy, a nurse from Australia) and whilst Phillipa held one hand and Alison the other and whilst a doctor and two ambulance paramedics attended to me, she gathered up all the bits and pieces she knew I would need for a stay in hospital.  Everyone was wonderful and I so appreciated all that they did for me.  I will never be able to repay them but I know God will bless them.


Phillipa was awesome.  So thoughtful and caring. 
Despite all her responsibilities she accompanied me to the hospital and stayed with me until I was settled there for the night.


On my release from hospital the next evening Phillipa insisted that I remain with them but as I wasn’t “up to” participating in any further activities, I missed on visiting five venues - stately homes and Windsor Castle.  My right arm was again working but it had no strength and often I would have to “help” it with my left.

I won’t go into any further details at this time, (will write again later about Melissa & Ashleigh coming to look after me), but I do want to sincerely thank everyone who cared for and helped me on the tour and to everyone who has since written or sent a card or given baking since I’ve returned home.  I truly am so grateful.  Please accept this as a personal note. 


The words, “thank you” come from the heart. 

May God richly and abundantly bless you all.